Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 5 - Chilling....

Finally, this is the first day after my arrival in Japan i get to have some time off..

To give you a little description of where I am, i'm in a city called 'TOYOTA-CHI". Yes, toyota as in the Toyota car toyota. With its 41k people, its not a small city at all. Approximately 70% of the people living here work for Toyota, and the rest of the people i guess work for the people who work for toyota? Toyota is about 1 hour train ride from Nagoya (4th largest city in Japan).

I have only really been discovering the areas around where i live. Which is right next to the train station, and the train tracks.. and the train that passes every 20min. I dont notice it anymore.. actually to come think of it, i've never really noticed the noice at all...

There a two big shopping complexes next to the train station. I've only been to the basement (food leve) and the starbucks on 1st floor. I am yet to discover the rest of the building. Porbably after i work so i dont go crazy with the shopping. =)

We went to the japanese version of Bunnings warehouse to get a few more clothes racks and some other crap..
Lunch was at a Okonomiyaki Restaurant. Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake). You actually have the raw things, and its cooked on a hot plate infront of you. Shall let the pictures do the talking.

Restaurant Entrance

Spring Onion(left) Seafood Delux(right)

Christine Trying to flip some pancakes.

Master Ken showing me how its really done =)

Two very satisfied custmers

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love okonomiyaki! I try to make it here, but it never turns out to look as good as it does when done in Japan T_T

    ReplyDelete